The Springboard to Languages programme is currently taught in several primary schools as a specialist programme to help raise children’s language awareness and sensitize them to language learning before they move on to study another language.
Download a document showing the language children learn during the programme, and the language awareness features they encounter.
The Springboard programme comprises:
- 18 full-colour Children’s topic worksheets
- A Teacher Handbook with step-by-step guidelines to topics presented
- A Resource Handbook containing cross-curricular worksheets for differentiation and extension
- Copies of Wise Owl Grammar! Book one – nouns, together with worksheets and a Teacher’s Guide
- Sets of plays for children
- Copies of Fun with word-builders booklet, for creative word building, together with a Teacher’s Guide
- Copies of the First Thousand Words in Esperanto with awareness-raising activity cards
- songs, conversations and card games
- Stickers to encourage each of the four learning skills, and to record achievement in both language learning and language awareness